Double Battle Metagame.

It misses one of your Pokemon on PBR but if you use it the second turn, the awake one will be put to sleep too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz86h-LQ8v8

To be on the point, Dark Void works similarly to the games - however, it isn't as cool of an animation since PBR doesn't show the pokemon being dragged downward :( If you've ever watched the 2008 Pokemon Video Game Showdown finals, the champion (Izuru Yoshimura) has his Smeargle use Dark Void on his opponent's Pokemon. It ends up hitting both of them - unfortunately, they had a Chesto Berry and a Lum Berry respectively.

I was thinking a Shedinja/Bronzong/Spiritomb strategy with Bronzong knowing Skill Swap. I say Bronzong because it has one weakness which lets it have an immunity to all attacks bar fire or ground for one round. Then Shedinja will hopefully die easily to allow spiritomb to come in. This team works especially well with a trick room strategy as bronzong will be moving first a lot of the time making a switch to Spiritomb easier as well as taking Wonder Guard easier. If this strategy works then only a Kangaskhan/Miltank with a fighting type move will be able to kill Spiritomb (but considering a substitute on this Spiritomb would be best you could easily take them out with another poke).

Also, if Bronzong did get Wonder Guard, it would lose its Ground/Fire immunity/resistance.

Though I wish Trace could copy your partner's ability. Has anyone ever tried using Porygon2/Gardevoir in doubles against Sheddy? It would be fun, though extremely situational/unreliable.

I really need to stop using so many forward strokes/slashes :/

@Jibaku, isnt your Smeargle lead illegal, as it cannot inherit 4 Sketches, so it can only have 1 move at level 1
So instead have it lv41, with 0 IVs in Def, HP, Sp.Def, though the strategy wont work properly

If there is a legal way of obtaining it, I am sorry for the accusing nature of the post

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
@Jibaku, isnt your Smeargle lead illegal, as it cannot inherit 4 Sketches, so it can only have 1 move at level 1
So instead have it lv41, with 0 IVs in Def, HP, Sp.Def, though the strategy wont work properly

If there is a legal way of obtaining it, I am sorry for the accusing nature of the post
Nope, after you Sketch the first move, you just go and re-learn Sketch. Then you repeat until you have all 4 moves.

Would dragonite make a decent lead in doubles? It has inner focus, extremespeed, can potentially hold lum berry and use safeguard to protect the team from status, has reasonable bulk etc?

My main concern is its 4x ice weakness and abomasnow leads, so Yache may be useful...

Would dragonite make a decent lead in doubles? It has inner focus, extremespeed, can potentially hold lum berry and use safeguard to protect the team from status, has reasonable bulk etc?

My main concern is its 4x ice weakness and abomasnow leads, so Yache may be useful...
Or use Protect + some Fire attack user somewhere?

Or use Protect + some Fire attack user somewhere?
Yeah, I was thinking a heatwave user might be useful. It'd have to be as your other lead, however, otherwise dragonite would have to switch out or risk the 50% chance of protect working twice, which in any case would give the enemy way too many free turns.

You could run Zapdos/Rotom-H with Heat Wave/Overheat. They're both immune to Earthquake so you could run that on Dragonite. It would have a niche above Garchomp due to Extremespeed.

Does anyone have any good ideas for running Gravity in Doubles? I'm thinking of using a Follow Me user like Clefable/Furret and placing it next to something like Starmie/Porygon2 (or Z) who can set up Gravity and immediately begin to attack.

The only problem is that while Earthquakes are great to use in Gravity due to every Pokemon being grounded, it also means that there are no safe partners either. There's always Protect, but that tends to detract from your team's synergy. I've actually considered the use of Marowak's Bonemerang, as the accuracy drop is no longer an issue, and Lightningrod can take hits from your partner (especially Starmie) to boot! The fact that he can learn Mega Kick actually mitigates the loss of Rock Head as well, and Rock Slide certainly never hurts.

Thoughts?

You'll probably want to go with something bulkier to set up Gravity, like Dusknoir or Bronzong. Dusknoir is immune to Explosion and Fake Out and can potentially utilize Dynamic Punch after Gravity is up. Bronzong can use Heatproof and the opponent isn't going to Earthquake on the first turn because it won't hit Bronzong or Togekiss (who you should probably use unless you want to go with Smeargle) and Bronzong can then use Explosion to give your next Pokemon a free switch-in. Marowak isn't a great choice because it's still incredibly slow, so unless you set up Trick Room as well, you should probably just stick with faster Pokemon. Torterra could be a good choice to utilize Earthquake since it resists it. Something that can utilize Blizzard or Rock Slide could be useful since they will always hit both of your opponents when Gravity is up.

How viable would a double entry hazard lead be?

As in, Lead Empoleon (Ice Beam) + Lead Roserade.

Either you're guaranteed a SR and a layer of Toxic Spikes, or you get one or the other while taking out of of your opponents' leads.

Granted, entry hazards are less of a big deal in doubles, but you can't tell me Stealth Rock + Toxic Spikes aren't gonna hurt...

How viable would a double entry hazard lead be?

As in, Lead Empoleon (Ice Beam) + Lead Roserade.

Either you're guaranteed a SR and a layer of Toxic Spikes, or you get one or the other while taking out of of your opponents' leads.

Granted, entry hazards are less of a big deal in doubles, but you can't tell me Stealth Rock + Toxic Spikes aren't gonna hurt...
Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes aren't gonna hurt.

Levitate is a very common ability in doubles meaning toxic spikes are near useless. Stealth Rock is irrelevant as well as switching is VERY risky in doubles to start with.

Does anyone think Taunt is that common in doubles?

You'll probably want to go with something bulkier to set up Gravity, like Dusknoir or Bronzong. Dusknoir is immune to Explosion and Fake Out and can potentially utilize Dynamic Punch after Gravity is up. Bronzong can use Heatproof and the opponent isn't going to Earthquake on the first turn because it won't hit Bronzong or Togekiss (who you should probably use unless you want to go with Smeargle) and Bronzong can then use Explosion to give your next Pokemon a free switch-in.
The main problem w/ Dusknoir/Bronzong is they are completely destroyed by Taunt (Zong more than Dusknoir). And it makes it worse that using Taunt is the first thing that comes to anyone's mind when seeing them.....But this is the reason for my question above.....

Would double Intimidate be a good Strategy for a semi-defensive Doubles? It's not stall or anything along those lines (not easy to pull b/c of double teaming), but the idea is a set of Pokemon who can deal and take damage.

I was having this insane idea of a Tailwind team....

I'm thinking most leads carry Taunt (or atleast you should assume they do since your whole strategy will be destroyed if they do have it). I meant that you should use Dusknoir and Bronzong with Togekiss/Smeargle with Follow Me so they don't get Taunted.

I'm thinking most leads carry Taunt (or atleast you should assume they do since your whole strategy will be destroyed if they do have it). I meant that you should use Dusknoir and Bronzong with Togekiss/Smeargle with Follow Me so they don't get Taunted.
Well that makes more sense....

I think it would be better, though, to just have 2 Pokemon who can set it up + Sweep when Gravity is up.

I know for a fact that leads carry Taunt on Singles, but I wasn't entirely sure in doubles, considering not too many Pokemon will set up because it will be very fast paced and double teaming can ruin it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)